If your loved one has recently been diagnosed with a memory-related disease like Alzheimer’s, you will likely be facing the difficult challenge of finding a memory care facility for them now (or in the coming months).
It is an unfortunate reality when an aging loved one receives this diagnosis or begins to show signs of other memory-related ailments like dementia. The level of care increases and your variety of options available in Houston could be more limited compared to assisted living facilities. Senior Living Specialists Houston can walk you through those options and also help assess the level of memory care your loved one needs.
What is Memory Care?
Memory care is a specialized type of care for older adults who have been diagnosed with conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. These conditions affect memory, thinking, and behavior, making it difficult for individuals to live independently.
Memory care communities across Houston will provide a safe, secure environment for older adults with memory impairments, with staff trained to provide specialized care and support. Memory care communities typically provide:
- A secure environment: to prevent wandering and ensure the safety of the residents.
- Staff trained in dementia care: who understand the unique needs of older adults with memory impairments and are able to provide appropriate care and support.
- Structured activities: to promote engagement and stimulate memory and thinking.
- Specialized care: to meet the specific needs of residents with memory impairments, such as assistance with dressing, bathing, and medication management.
- Monitoring: to ensure that residents’ physical and emotional needs are being met and that any changes in condition are promptly addressed.
- Nutrition and meal plans: that are designed to meet the specific needs of older adults with memory impairments.
- Family support: to provide assistance and support to family members who are caring for a loved one with memory impairments.
We can help find you the right memory care facility in Houston that will provide a secure and supportive environment, specialized care, and activities that are specifically designed to meet the needs of older adults with memory impairments.
Why Should I Contact Senior Living Specialists Houston?
We provide help and aid at every stage that comes with moving an aging loved one into memory care. Our specialists will provide support during the transition phase and help mediate the situation between you and your loved one.
Senior Living Specialists Houston are familiar with the memory care communities in the area and can provide information about the services and amenities offered by each one. We can also help assess the needs of older adults and match them with the appropriate memory care community keeping care, cost, location, and type of environment where they will thrive at the forefront.
Our ability to act as a liaison between you and your loved one is often one of the biggest roles that we play to help resolve any issues that may arise during the process. We will teach you how to tour communities properly and help negotiate rates, if possible.
Contact Senior Living Houston today to alleviate the stress and get the support needed during this transition stage.